glut32.lib

I’m new to OpenGL and I believe I have all the libraries and header files correctly placed in Codewarrior on my Mac and Visual C++ on my PC, but I keep getting a compiling error in both platforms saying can’t find glut32.lib. I don’t see this .lib with any of the OpenGL files yet it is referenced in
GL/gl.h. Does anyone know what to do?
thanks

You’ll have to search for it on the web. It’s part of the GLUT, and very useful for writing small OpenGL apps. It certainly shouldn’t be referenced in GL/gl.h on Windows, but I dunno about Macs. If it is referenced in GL/gl.h on Windows, your gl.h file may not be the one that came with VisualC++.

To cut a long story short, go to google and type in “GLUT Windows” and maybe “GLUT Mac” and see if you can find a download for it. Should come with a .lib, .dll and a .h file for Windows or you can compile your own from source. Then, put glut32.lib in your CompilerPath/lib folder, glut.h in your CompilerPath/Include/GL folder and glut32.dll in your Windows/System folder and you should be right to go. Sorry, can’t help with the Mac, though.

Hope that helps.

On the mac are you putting the stubs and resources into the project. As well as the paths int the project options?

gav

thanks ffish and gavin, i think i got it working. i’ll be back for help if anything else goes wrong. and sorry, glut32.lib is called in glut.h not GL/gl.h.