GLUT window movement callback?

Is there a GLUT callback for when a window is moved? There is one for when a window is resized ( glutReshapeFunc() ). I have searched the documentation to no avail.

Ok, so I can get the window origin in GLUT 3.7 with glutGet(GLUT_WINDOW_X) and glutGet(GLUT_WINDOW_Y). However, I don’t want to do this inside of my display callback because I don’t want to pay the performance penalty. Any ideas?

Thanks!

?

i think its great how ppl post, and then repost a few hours later asking why no one responded before. 'tis funny. =)

cheers,
John

I’m not laughing, I have a serious problem that is impacting an impending deadline. I am hoping that someone else has encountered this problem and can shed some light on it for me. I reposted in order to ‘bump’ it to the top. I will do it again if necessary.

What do you need it for pleopard? From http://reality.sgi.com/mjk_asd/spec3/spec3.html there is no callback for when a window is moved. But if you need to perform some action when a window is moved, what about performing the action regularly anyway with glutIdleFunc or glutTimerFunc. Another alternative may be glutMotionFunc or glutPassiveMotionFunc although I don’t know whether the callback mouse coords are valid when the mouse is on the toolbar, or whether you get negative coords or something (website says coords are window relative).

Hope that helps

I’m not laughing, I have a serious problem that is impacting an impending deadline. I am hoping that someone else has encountered this problem and can shed some light on it for me. I reposted in order to ‘bump’ it to the top. I will do it again if necessary

I am laughing, because a number of people (and you included, it seems) seem to think that the opengl community are sitting at their desks with their fingers poised at the keyboard, waiting for a new msg on the forum.

if no one answered it, then replyihg with ? mere hours later won’t prod people into action with an electric shock.

gees.

cheers,
John

[This message has been edited by john (edited 04-03-2001).]

Jeez John, help the guy out or STFU.

Originally posted by ffish:
What do you need it for pleopard…

I have a frame grabbing class that requires the window origin, width, and height. The way I originally designed required that the application monitor these window parameters and report canges to them to an instance of this class. Thanks for your help here even though it appears that I am at a dead end. I suppose that I will just have to redesign the class to query the window parameters every time it grabs a frame. I hate that because I need to grab frames as fast as possible for a movie and that just slows the process down.

Thanks again!
Paul