As part of a state of art about Textured Digital Surface Model (3D geospatial modeling) formats, we have identified some candidates formats whose glTF. We would like general informations focused on :
- The capacities
I’m taking the liberty to ask following 10 concise questions on glTF.
- Type of geometry supported (Mesh, TIN, triangles, other) ?
- Type of “Spatial Reference System” supported (geographic : Reference system+latitude/longitude/ellipsoid heigh) and/or projected : Reference system+ellipsoid heigh+ projection) and Spatial Reference System description : Spatial Reference System description Identifier(SRID) ?
- Capacity to support the semantic ?
- Ability to associate TIN/Mesh (3D model) with Points clouds ? Ability to associate several N-property with a Mesh /TIN ? (Point clouds + Texture,etc.)
- Capacity to support metadata (for instance qualifying the product on planimetric/altimetric accuracies,etc.) and glTF 's specifications ability to provide clarification about metadata mecanism ?
- Capacity/optimisation of data compression ?
- Tiling management capacity ?
- Multi-resolution management (2 levels or more) ? One more general and another one with a better level of detail ?
- What about Performance and Limitations ? (Data access, storage, Data Volume, display, adaptibility to client/server diffusion, bandwith optimization)
- Standard maturity (level of interoperability, level of GIS tools implementation : especially qgis, esri, global mapper)
In advance, thank you very much for your usefull lighting.