GlSlang / GF2MX?

i’d like to ask if glslang would run on a Geforce2MX video card?

thanks.

Not likely – unless you run it with some sort of software emulation mode enabled (which will depend entirely on what NVidia decides to provide in their drivers). Even then, it’d be too slow to be useful for much.

i have read the spec a bit and find it a bit confusing… its no real specification problem against allowing just the vertexshader bit ( you can use just vertexshader, and ignore fragmentshaders in a program) but the GL_ARB_shading_language_100 states that the language consists of both vertex and fragment shaders. So i dont know if its allowed to expose just GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_ARB_vertex_shader and GL_ARB_shading_language_100.

hmm…any ideas guys when nvidia will release its drivers with OGL1.5?

If I remeber correctly, I read that they’ll have GL1.5-Drivers by the end of this years. And as ATI already has a driverset with the new extensions (the COD-Hotfix is only missing the NPT-Extension) Nvidia will sureley follow in the next weeks.

2Mazy

GLSL allows attaching only vertex shader or fragment shader in program object. In that case, fixed pipeline for missing shader will be used.

I am aware of that, but the question is, is it possible for a drier to just expose the vertex_shader part of the spec ( considering that the fragment processing of the card cannot handle fragmentprograms at all) or must all drivers contain both vertex and fragment shaders if one of them are present?

It should be possible. I see no reason why it wouldn’t be able to do that.

[This message has been edited by Humus (edited 12-08-2003).]

I dont see any real problem with it, it certanly should work, but to quote myself
“the GL_ARB_shading_language_100 states that the language consists of both vertex and fragment shaders”, In that perspective, can you really set GL_ARB_shading_language_100 in the extensionlist if you dont have fragmentshaders?

Of course you can use vertex shader and ignore fragment shader. In that case, fragment shading will use the fixed function pipeline, that’s all.
It is not a requirement that both a vertex AND fragment shading capabilities are supported. It is not even a requirement that any shading capability is supported, though it would be dumb obviously.

[This message has been edited by vincoof (edited 12-08-2003).]