glPixelZoom problem

Hi, All -

I’m using the following piece of code to zoom into a background image that takes up the entire length and width of my screen:

//-------------------------------

… after grabbing hDC and hRC…

glMatrixMode( GL_PROJECTION );
glLoadIdentity();

glTranslatef( 0.0, 0.0, 1.0 );

glMatrixMode( GL_MODELVIEW );
glLoadIdentity();

setViewport();
clearBuffers();

… inside the drawBackground() function…

glPixelStorei( GL_UNPACK_ROW_LENGTH, 0 );
glPixelStorei( GL_UNPACK_SKIP_PIXELS, 0 );
glPixelStorei( GL_UNPACK_SKIP_ROWS, 0 );

glPixelZoom( imageXScale, imageYScale );
glRasterPos3i ( x, y, 0 );

glDrawPixels( imageW, imageH, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, image.GetData() );

… returned from drawing background…

glFlush();
SwapBuffers( hDC );

… release hDC and hRC

//-------------------------------

imageXScale and imageYScale increment by small amounts each time through the function.

Everything works as expected for the first three times I scale the image. On the fourth scale, the screen goes black.

Recall that the background image initially fills the screen and that I want to zoom into that full-screen image… if I start with an image that’s less than screen size it will zoom until it fits the window dimensions… then four more times, then black.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Are you sure that the current raster position is valid ?
If the coordinate sent by glRasterPos is outside the screen, the whole bitmap will be rejected.
You can check the correctness of the raster position by getting the GL_CURRENT_RASTER_POSITION_VALID bit with glGetBoolean.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that the glRasterPos is always (0, 0, 0).

???

Originally posted by vincoof:
Are you sure that the current raster position is valid ?
If the coordinate sent by glRasterPos is outside the screen, the whole bitmap will be rejected.
You can check the correctness of the raster position by getting the GL_CURRENT_RASTER_POSITION_VALID bit with glGetBoolean.

Are you sure that the raster position is always valid ? Do you never translate / scale / rotate the modelview matrix ?
When your image disappear, is the CURRENT_RASTER_POSITION_VALID bit set or cleared ?

Apart from that, the fact that the zoom makes the image bigger than the viewport should not be a problem. Off-screen rendering is not a cause of error in OpenGL.

Yes, glGetBooleanv( GL_CURRENT_RASTER_POSITION_VALID, &val );
always returns true, even when the screen is black.

[b]
When your image disappear, is the CURRENT_RASTER_POSITION_VALID bit set or cleared ?

[/b]

Hmm that is weird.
Now to the configuration : what is your graphics card / OS / driver version / etc ?

[Edit: also have you tried your program on other card / OS ?]

[This message has been edited by vincoof (edited 04-18-2003).]

Found the problem - has to do with how my clipping volume is set.

Thanks for the help.

Susan

[b]Hmm that is weird.
Now to the configuration : what is your graphics card / OS / driver version / etc ?

[Edit: also have you tried your program on other card / OS ?]

[This message has been edited by vincoof (edited 04-18-2003).][/b]