glGetError hangs for several seconds

I am developing an OpenGL application and I am seeing some strange things happen. The machine I am testing with is equipped with an NVidia Quadro FX 4600 and it is running RHEL WS 4.3 x86_64 (kernel 2.6.9-34.ELsmp).

I’ve stepped through the application with a debugger and I’ve noticed that it is hanging on OpenGL calls that are receiving information from the OpenGL API: i.e. - glGetError, glIsEnabled, etc. Each time it hangs up, the system is unresponsive for 3-4 seconds.

Another thing that is interesting is that if this same code is run on RHEL 4.5 (Kernel 2.6.9-67.ELsmp), it runs completely fine. The same code also runs perfectly on Windows XP. All machines are using the exact same hardware.

PNY nVidia Quadro FX4600 768mb PCI Express
Dual Intel Xeon DP Quad Core E5345 2.33hz
4096 MB 667 MHz Fully Buffered DDR2
Super Micro X7DAL-E Intel 5000X Chipset Dual Xeon Motherboard
Enermax Liberty 620 watt Power Supply

Could this be a driver issue? I have upgraded to the latest 64bit drivers: Version 177.82, Release Date: Nov 12, 2008 and the result is the exact same.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the system to hang on these OpenGL calls?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.