glFramebufferTexture2DEXT using memory

Hello!

I am trying to complete quick off-screen operations with a few different sized images. I am reusing the textures I have creating and have about 14 in total. I have been using one frame buffer and attatching each texture to it using glFramebufferTexture2DEXT each time before an operation (if it isn’t already attached). The code runs pretty smoothly, using 60MB of GPU memory (monitered using RivaTuner) and then uses the existing textures to keep running operations without using up more memory. But then! After 36 operations (with different sized images) the glFramebufferTexture2DEXT function begins to increase the memory usage on the GPU. Since I am not creating any new textures I don’t see why this is happening. Can anyone offer a reasonable explanation? The function uses up more and more memory until I finally get a out of memory error.

Thanks in advance.

fixed

For different sized images are your using ARB_FBO ??Since EXT version FBO don’t support different sized images.

Or my other guess is that after 1 set of operations you are detaching all textures , then attaching other textures differing in size from the first set?

BTW what was the reason for increase mem usage and how did you solve…Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.