Glew and Glfw

I’ve compiled glew 2.1.0 using msys no errors given, but the dll was wrong in some way, I downloaded precompiled glew 2.0.0 files for mingw, I’m using mingw-w64 and I wanted to have 64 bits dll (if that’s even possible), yet even with correct dll if I put that dll into sysWOW64 I can not be found, only if I put it straight into executable directory or system32 it starts to work. Does that mean application is limited to 32 bits ? Windows application manager still says application runs in 64 bits platform so I guess everything is okay? And why are the filles coruppted if compiling gone well ? I’m newbie to opengl.

On a 64-bit version of Windows, 64-bit DLLs go in System32, 32-bit DLLs go in SysWOW64.

If the application works when the DLL is in System32 or the executable’s directory, then both the executable and DLL are 64-bit. You can use MSys’ “file” command to identify the architecture of a DLL or EXE:

$ cd /cygdrive/c/Windows/System32
$ file opengl32.dll
opengl32.dll: PE32+ executable (DLL) (console) x86-64, for MS Windows
$ cd ../SysWOW64
$ file opengl32.dll
opengl32.dll: PE32 executable (DLL) (console) Intel 80386, for MS Windows

$ file main.exe
main.exe: PE32+ executable (console) x86-64, for MS Windows

Ok so my executable is 64bit so everythings fine, although it still bothers me why cmake with msys made a bad build :confused: