glDepthRange problem

Can someone tell me whether this is legitimate:
glDepthRange(1.0f,1.0f);
I expect subsequent drawing to set the depth values to their maximum.

This worked fine on my GF4600.

On my GF5900u it stopped working, however I found that glDepthRange(0.99999f,1.0f) worked ok.

Now with newer drivers this only works in windowed mode. When I go to fullscreen it doesn’t. But if I use glDepthRange(0.99f,1.0f) it works again.

Is it unreasonable for me to expect 1.0f,1.0f to work? or should I contact NVidia about this?

The spec says depth values will be clamped to the range but that is not what im seeing.

[This message has been edited by Adrian (edited 11-19-2003).]

Originally posted by Adrian:
The spec says depth values will be clamped to the range but that is not what im seeing.

What are you seeing then?

– Tom

Originally posted by Tom Nuydens:
What are you seeing then?

– Tom[/b]

The rendering is all done behind the scenes and its not straighforward for me to actually see and work out exactly what it is doing.

It is not rendering with depth values set to the maximum and that is what I expected. It looks like it may not be setting depth values at all but it will take significant more time to work out exactly what it is doing. At this stage I am interested in hearing what I should expect to get with the values set to 1.0,1.0. Then I can decide how much more time I want to spend debugging this.

[This message has been edited by Adrian (edited 11-20-2003).]