glCreateProgram(ARB)-->Segmentation fault

hello, everybody.
i have a very wired problem.
Every time when i were running glCreateProgram or other glCreate* to create a shader program, I always get a Segmentation fault. I have no idea?
Could anyone help me~Please~~

System : Ubuntu 10.4
Compiler : g++ 4.4.3
language: c or cpp

1. Compile your app for debug (-O0 -g3 -ggdb3 -fno-inline)
  2. Run valgrind on it (valgrind <appname>)
    Look at the resulting error log streamed to the console for the place where memory is being corrupted.

It might be something else, but usually these types of things are your app trashing memory.

Also, try these up-front in your program (after you create a GL context) just for your edification:

printf( "VENDOR = %s
", glGetString( GL_VENDOR ) ) ;
printf( "RENDERER = %s
", glGetString( GL_RENDERER ) ) ;
printf( "VERSION = %s
", glGetString( GL_VERSION ) ) ;

Yes, do you use an ATI driver by chance? I’ve had similar strange problems. The best thing to do is try your app on different driver versions, or compile for windows or mac os x and see the behavior there. Cut down your app to minimum size possible, if possible, also. What you changed in your app so it crashed is also interesting to know.

I consider ATI a bad buy. I’ve bought my HD 5450, so I could play with GL 4.0 cheaply (it’s the cheapest card with advertised GL 4 support), then I’ve realised that even ATI drivers 10.4 beta, that supposedly support GL 4.0, do not really support it :slight_smile:

then I’ve realised that even ATI drivers 10.4 beta, that supposedly support GL 4.0, do not really support it

Yeah, it’s almost like the drivers are beta or something…

An ad is an ad. No need to advertise something thats not there.

I tested one with glCreateProgram, it seems work for me.
Would you post a test code ?

Thanks.

I just rewrite the program, now there is no problem.

thanks a lot!

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.