glBlendFunc settings to get a modulated effect?

I HATE working with glblendfunc, i find it so confusing. If i use multitexturing, i simply leave the texture mode set on modulate, and it creates the effect i want. My question is if i want to do this effect (Just modulate the current color, with the incomming) using glBlendFunc(); what settings should i use inside of the blend func??

I agree that the blend function can be a little bit confusing, but once you learn it… yeah… you know what I mean.

The blend function is (Cs * Fs) + (Cd * Fd). Subscript s is for source, and d for destination. C is color and F is factor. So, for example, Cs is the incomming color, and Fd is a factor that is miltiplied with the destination color.

You want to multiply Cs and Cd. This can be achieved by setting Either Fs = Cd or Fd = Cs. Let’s pick the first, which is done by setting it to GL_DST_COLOR. We now have the equation (Cs * Cd) + (Cd * Fd).

We don’t want anything more than the first part of the formula, so we set multiply Cd by zero; GL_ZERO.

The resulting formula is glBlendFunc(GL_DST_COLOR, GL_ZERO). You can also set it fo glBlendFunc(GL_ZERO, GL_SRC_COLOR). I leave it to you, as an excersise, to figure out hiw that one works.

Thank you very very much, that is the BEST anyone has ever explained the blend function to me. I compleatly get it now. Many thanks.