gl/glaux.h: No such file or directory

Hello, I have a problem, I am using Bloodshed Dev C++ and when I try to run my program it says that it cant find gl/glaux.h, why? I have already linked it in project settings, and it finds gl/gl.h and gl/glu.h, but not gluax.h, why? I have tried adding pragma too, any suggestions? thanks

This is one of the most asked questions, I don’t know why people don’t understand the compiler when it say’s it can not find the file.
You would think that a little light bulb would like up and you would think:

1. You know the file must be missing from the computer!
  2. I have linker pointed to the wrong direcotry or the file is in the wrong directory.

Here is the answer glaux is a Microsoft library, Dev is not shipped with it. There maybe someone who has made a glaux compatible library for Dev C.

But glaux library is out dated and if you use it, the program source code with be limited to use on the windows platform.

Better use the glut library, or some other newer library.

Originally posted by Sharic:
Hello, I have a problem, I am using Bloodshed Dev C++ and when I try to run my program it says that it cant find gl/glaux.h, why? I have already linked it in project settings, and it finds gl/gl.h and gl/glu.h, but not gluax.h, why? I have tried adding pragma too, any suggestions? thanks

Yes my friend stay clear of glaux it is nothing but bad news!
AFAIK it’s only really used to load images, which you should be able to do yourself somehow thru code…

Okey but I am doing the OpenGL tutorial at NeHe site, and it said to use glaux, but I should use the glut? where can I find that and wont I have to change like all the code then or is it almost like glaux? I am really stupid yes I know thanks

I don’t mean to spam, but i also have the problem with glaux.(or the lack of it) when trying to run NeHe’s tutorials on Dev-C++. I’ve done some searching, but to no avail - the links i found here are broken(to the download site of glaux stuff), and i didn’t find a working version of glaux. on the net -at least not one that works with Dev-C++. So… what can i do? I’d rather stay with Dev-C++, as i like it overall, but i’d also like to try NeHe’s tutorials - couldn’t find a better set of the stuff on the net…
BTW, If what i heard is true, and glaux is generally dead, why do NeHe’s tutorials stick with it, still? Any simple way around that?