GL_ARB_multitexture not supported

Hi there,

I have an issue with my laptop, and I don’t know where else I should turn to but this forum… I hope you can help:

I have a fairly new laptop (Gigabyte P34w) with a (currently deactivated) discrete graphics (GTX960M), and a integrated Intel® HD Graphics 530.

I am running Arch Linux, with up to date drivers, and mesa 17.0.2-2

I am trying to run a software called sofa, that crashes at init, with the following message:

QtViewer: OpenGL 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 17.0.2 context created.
Error: GL_ARB_multitexture not supported

glxinfo | grep ARB_multitexture tells me the extension is installed on my machine, at least to my understanding.

full output of glxinfo here: https://pastebin.com/jiN5w3yb

I don’t know anyone else using this program on linux has that problem, so it really seems to be specific to my machine or my linux install. But at the same time, I have no other problems with any other opengl programs running on my machine, so I don’t understand what’s wrong.
I hope you can help me!

Thanks in advance

The first line of output indicates that the application is creating a core profile context. A core profile context isn’t likely to support the ARB_multitexture extension because that extension is specific to the fixed-function pipeline. And the fact that the application is querying that extension strongly suggests that it wouldn’t work with a core profile context even if that extension was supported.

This is something which should be fixed in the application. However, you may be able to work around the issue by setting the MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE environment variable.

[QUOTE=GClements;1286583]The first line of output indicates that the application is creating a core profile context. A core profile context isn’t likely to support the ARB_multitexture extension because that extension is specific to the fixed-function pipeline. And the fact that the application is querying that extension strongly suggests that it wouldn’t work with a core profile context even if that extension was supported.

This is something which should be fixed in the application. However, you may be able to work around the issue by setting the MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE environment variable.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much! Problem solved with the environment variable set to 3.0.
I will write an issue on the program’s github page =)