Getting the maximum memory allocation size information

I am trying to get the maximum memory allocation size, which is accessible from VkPhysicalDeviceMaintenance3Properties. How do I get this information? If I understand correctly, I need to get VkPhysicalDeviceProperties2, but calling vkGetPhysicalDeviceProperties2 crashes this application.

Many thanks,
Nicholas

You need to enable the extensions, and load the necessary commands. Or you need to check the instance and device is 1.1+, and also you need to declare your app is also that version.

Thank you @krOoze . I have loaded the extension and the command, now I can run vkGetPhysicalDeviceProperties2. Do you know how I can then get VkPhysicalDeviceMaintenance3Properties? I am under the impression from the doc that it would be included in pNext, but I thought pNext is an input, which I set to null in my implementation.

Ah OK I did it. So I create a VkPhysicalDeviceMaintenance3Properties instance, set the sType to VK_STRUCTURE_TYPE_PHYSICAL_DEVICE_MAINTENANCE_3_PROPERTIESm and pNext to NULL, then set this to vkPhysicalDeviceProperties2.pNext. Many thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.