Getting started with compiling and running an OpenVX application

Hello,
I am wondering if someone can give me a guide on how to compile an OpenVX sample application. What I have in mind is to use make or CMake to compile a simple “hello world!” application. (let’s assume on x86 machine).
I am also curious about more details on user defined nodes and how can one implement his/her own kernels.
Thanks in advance.

Once the sample implementation is released, it will be more obvious how to do so.

The really quick howto, in your C code:

#include <VX/vx.h>
#include <VX/vxu.h>

Compile command:

$ gcc myapp.c -o myapp -lopenvx

[/INDENT]

Once installed on a unix like system, I would assume that no extra include paths are necessary.

The sample implementation will come with a build system. Does that address your question?

[QUOTE=emrainey;30808]Once the sample implementation is released, it will be more obvious how to do so.

The really quick howto, in your C code:

#include <VX/vx.h>
#include <VX/vxu.h>

Compile command:

$ gcc myapp.c -o myapp -lopenvx

[/INDENT]

Once installed on a unix like system, I would assume that no extra include paths are necessary.

The sample implementation will come with a build system. Does that address your question?[/QUOTE]

Thanks emrainey,
I have found the solution to successfully compile OpenVX and run examples.

I am getting the following errors:

1. "tiling_test.exe::main() returns = 0
  2. “failed to create context!” while running vx_example.exe
    Let me know how to resolve them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68[/ATTACH]

[QUOTE=Vijnasu;30870]I am getting the following errors:

1. "tiling_test.exe::main() returns = 0
  2. “failed to create context!” while running vx_example.exe
    Let me know how to resolve them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

I pulled down the sample package and just did this:

$ make
 $ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=out/LINUX/x86_64/release/ out/LINUX/x86_64/release/vx_query

This worked just fine.

I bet you don’t have the output folder where the dlls are located in your PATH variable.

Thank you for your inputs. I tried executing in Windows 8.1 with Visual Studio 2010 & 2012. Context creation failure happened. Does it require Visual Studio 2013 itself? Is it working fine in Windows OS?

Yes, as indicated in the README, Visual Studio 12 (2013) is the minimum requirement for native Windows build. Previous versions do not support enough of C99.

After installing Visual Studio 2013 Ultimate and with following settings, the OpenVX Sample implementation installation is successful:

set PATH=“C:\Program Files\CMake\bin”;%PATH%Build.py --os=Windows --arch=32 --conf=Debug --out=“C:\openvx_sample_20141217\openvx_sample\Build”

Thank you jessegv & emrainey.