Getting OpenGL to work

I recently switched motherboards. My old motherboard apparently did have OpenGL because a program I requently run requires it, and that program used to work. However, with my new motherboard, this program comes up witht he error “Error: Cannot initialize OpenGL extensions.” After snooping around, I downloaded OpenGL.

My computer has a ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series video driver, and I am assuming that this is somehow conflicting with OpenGL. I open up my display settings, and switch from “Direct 3D” to “OpenGL.” I apply the change and hit okay, and it all seems to work out okay. I try running my program, but it comes up with the same error. So I go back to display settings, and low and behold, it switched itself back to Direct3D.

So I came to ehre to see if anybody could help me understand what was going wrong and what I need to do. Any help would be appreciated, thanks very much.

You probably need to download the drivers from ati.com, which will have the latest GL drivers included.

“I open up my display settings, and switch from “Direct 3D” to “OpenGL.” I apply the change and hit okay, and it all seems to work out okay. I try running my program, but it comes up with the same error. So I go back to display settings, and low and behold, it switched itself back to Direct3D.”

You aren’t actually switching between them.
It’s just for viewing the driver settings for each API.
If your program uses GL, then it will always be GL.

If you install the lastest drivers and still doesn’t work, try GLinfo
http://delphi3d.net/hardware/index.php

and see what output it gives.

Thank you <u>very</u> much. It worked after installing the driver. :slight_smile: