Getting Multiple Window with GLEW, GLFW Tutorial to Run

Greetings,

I’m trying to learn OpenGL to project a virtual reality world on a curved screen with two projectors. Hence, I would like to use the multiple windows option. I am following the tutorial from Greg Nott, Tutorial: Multiple Windows with GLFW3 and GLEW MX, with the exception that I am using Cygwin X and MinGW to compile on a 64 bit, Windows 7 system. To compile the code, I:

1. downloaded the code into a new directory,
  2. downloaded the 64 bit GLFW binaries and placed the appropriate files into my include directory and the dll to System32 and SysWOW64. I also placed the dll.a file in the directory with my code.
  3. downloaded the GLEW source, built it using make, and placed the generated files in my include directory and the dlls into System32 and SysWOW64. I again placed the dll.a file into the directory with my code.
  4. downloaded GLM and added the glm directory to the include directory.
  5. ran g++ -std=c++0x -o main.exe main.cpp libGLEWmx.dll.a glfw3dll.a -I include -L./ -lglew32 -lglfw3 -lopengl32 -lGLU -lGL to compile.

However, when I go to run the executable, I am told: GLEW Error occured, Description: Missing GL version. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

I gave up and just used Visual Studio Express, following the directions on the tutorial page, and it worked.