I’m trying to learn OpenGL to project a virtual reality world on a curved screen with two projectors. Hence, I would like to use the multiple windows option. I am following the tutorial from Greg Nott, Tutorial: Multiple Windows with GLFW3 and GLEW MX, with the exception that I am using Cygwin X and MinGW to compile on a 64 bit, Windows 7 system. To compile the code, I:
- downloaded the code into a new directory,
- downloaded the 64 bit GLFW binaries and placed the appropriate files into my include directory and the dll to System32 and SysWOW64. I also placed the dll.a file in the directory with my code.
- downloaded the GLEW source, built it using make, and placed the generated files in my include directory and the dlls into System32 and SysWOW64. I again placed the dll.a file into the directory with my code.
- downloaded GLM and added the glm directory to the include directory.
- ran g++ -std=c++0x -o main.exe main.cpp libGLEWmx.dll.a glfw3dll.a -I include -L./ -lglew32 -lglfw3 -lopengl32 -lGLU -lGL to compile.
However, when I go to run the executable, I am told: GLEW Error occured, Description: Missing GL version. What am I doing wrong?