geforce4 mx 440/420 upgrade

OKay my comp was fine for a good year and i was wondering if there was an update for the geforce4 mx 440/420 card… sure enough there was… 44.03, i downloaded it and restarted my computer like it said… now a blue screen comes up saying “A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent further damage to your computer” so i kept restarting it ( wich did nothing ) so i had to result in going to safe mode and deleting 44.03 off my computer… i deleted it manually and restarted my computer again… and now when windows starts it keeps doing the same damn thing, so i try to go back into safe mode to see wut the problem is if i can fix it… and when i press safe mode in the windows xp startup it says "STOP:c000021a {FATAL SYSTEM ERROR}The session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034
(0x00000000 0x00000000) The System has been shut down. " I dont think this is a virus seeing that i downloaded it straight from the NVIDIA site… PLEASE HELP ME!!!