GCC Errot when i compil the Vincent Source code on Linux

Congratulations!

However, adding support for RGBA8 surfaces is going to be a bit more involved; if it were that easy as you propose, a second configuration with these settings would probably already exist. :wink:

There are a bunch of areas which you will have to adapt:

• The rendering surface itself will need to be different (currently it’s RGB565 + A8)
  • In ContextTexture, you will want to change the internal format for RGB textures to RGB8
  • In ContextTexture, you will need to adjust the functions CopySurfacePixels() to the new format.
  • In Rasterizer::Fragment, you will need to adjust the code were you write to the surface
  • You might need to adjust the color buffer pointer in Rasterizer::RasterInfo to point to 32-bit values

And probably a couple of places more… As I understand, you are not interested in using the JIT, which would complicate things further, as all internal intermediate values during texture modulation and blending are optimized for RGB565 representation.

I am probably not going to address these issues by myself, because my primary platform is Windows Mobile, and the current configuration is the best for this platform.

However, even for Symbian Series 60 devices (n-Gage, SX-1, 3650) a different surface (in this case: 4444) can be advantageous. Given I get volunteers, I could facilitate the addition of additional rendering surface formats.

Cheers,
HM

[ July 21, 2004: Message edited by: Hans-Martin Will ]

I have chaged recommanded sources and i have a one rectangle. when i use 32bit FB and 16bit(565 Pixel format ), i saw 2 small rectangle like side by side.
but color is not correct.
in my understanding, RGBA8 mode use real RGBA order, but FB use ARGB then i have to change pixel operation part in sources.

is there any special place to change from RGBA8 to ARGB8 ?

Regards,
SeongNam. :wink:

add additional From… and To… calls to
Color and FractionalColor

If you want to support texture using this format:
add
Color2ARGB and ARGB2Color to ContextTexture
Add a new internal format constant to RasterizerState and hook it up as base internal format for RGBA
Add this new format into the switches of CopyPixels and CopySurfacePixels so that the transformation will be done automatically as you push/pull data in/out of the context.

• HM

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.