Game requires OpenGL compatible video card

Help! when I start the game my screen resolution changes from 1024x768 to 400x300.Then I get an error message window stating "This application requires graphic card support for openGL"followed by a Runtime Error!Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I have a Intel P4 3.GHz
My graphics card is an Nvidia Geforce FX 5900 Ultra with the latest drivers(win-xp-2k-9291) DirectX 9.0c.The OS is windows 2000pro
Windows build - v.5.0.2195.2.Service Pack 4
OpenGL renderer -(n/a)

game system requirements:

• Windows® 2000 (Service Pack 4)
  • Pentium® 4 1.8 GHz or AMD equivalent
  • 256 MB RAM
  • 64 MB AGP OpenGL 1.5-compatible video card, supporting
    programmable shading. (ATI Radeon® 8500 or NVIDIA®
  • NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5900 or better.
  • DirectX® 9.0 or better

What game is it?

Some older games have problems with newer drivers, because they do not test the OpenGL version correctly. As your driver provides OpenGL 2.0 (or even 2.1) the game may actually think that 1.5 is not supported (yeah, there are plenty of stupid coders out there…) There was a way to overload this value, but I don’t remember how. I guess the RivaTuner from Guru3d had such an option?

Where are you getting the line : OpenGL renderer -(n/a)?
I suspect you openGL driver are not installed correctly. Ensure you got them from the nvidia site, and un-installed all previous drivers.

Thanks for your replies,my problem is solved.Turned out to be the game(The Chronicles of Riddick EFBB) wasn’t detecting OpenGL above 1.3 so I had to patch the game.