FTGL and VB.NET

Hi,

I am trying to render text in my OpenGL scene and I am currently doing it using bitmaps and wglusefontbitmapsA. I read that FTGL is an easy way to work with fonts but I am unable to get it working with VB.NET. I’m also using the Tao Framework in Visual Studio 2008. I am just trying to get text to print to the screen and will also move with the position that it belongs to. I don’t necessarily need the actual text to rotate around. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Toss the VB and C# stuff, be a man, use C++. Python is cool for experimenting if you want to prototype rapidly.

as ugluk said

Thanks for the suggestion but I’m already in the middle of developing something and would like to know if there is any way to keep my existing stuff and work with FTGL. It would take a lot of effort to convert everything over to C++ at this point but will consider it if there are no alternatives.

Thanks for the suggestion but I’m already in the middle of developing something and would like to know if there is any way to keep my existing stuff and work with FTGL.

Nothing that would allow you to work only in VB.NET.

You could use C++/CLI to bind FTGL to .NET, which would allow your VB code to access your C++/CLI objects. I know it’s possible, but I have no idea how to do it.