Q: Are you doing anything that would trigger a full pipeline flush mid-frame?
If the object was flickering on/off or exhibiting brief tearing artifacts, I’d suspect that more strongly.
However, here it appears that the appearance of the object or artifact is pretty steady; just changing in color (mostly between black, cyan, blue, and green).
- What’s different about this object/artifact from the background the background it’s rendered against?
- Is it a geometry mesh? A texture billboard?
- How is its color determined?
- What part of the content in the video is provided by the “EGL Image”?
- Is the contents of the EGL image static? Dynamic? If the latter, try making it static.
- If dynamic, how is it being changed? How are you synchronizing for those changes? How are you doing multibuffering?
- Does this happen with a GL texture instead of an EGL image?