feel like a newbie

well, I am not new to OpenGL, I already did some smaller projects, so I understand the framework. But now I am lost.

To this time all my programs were on NeHe’s framework, now I decided to build my own, that better suits my needs. BUT… It does not work. After the initialization, almost no gl calls seem to perform their tasks. Some do. For example glGetString returns correct driver name, but when I want to clear the screen or draw something, it does not work. Just the window background I specify during window creation stays all the time there, unchanged. I am lost.

I even tried to copy the key parts of NeHe’s programs in to my own and I know the initialization is in the right order. PLEEASE HELP !!

Hi !

It does sound like you missed something when you initialize everything, but it’s difficult to point out what it is.

If some operations work then it would indicate that the rendering context is correct and running.

So one possible cause would be that you have messed up a matrix somewhere maybe ?

Do you check for errors ?, do that, it might shed some light on the whole thing.

Mikael

Thanks for your help.

I tried error checking, but glGetError returns GL_NO_ERROR.

And about those matrices, all I do is just set up the perspective (or orthogonal, I tried both) projection. But even the glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT) does not work. NO OUTPUT at all. I am confused.

no swapbuffers, wrong draw Buffer, no viewport settings… could be something else too…

Originally posted by DaViper:
no swapbuffers, wrong draw Buffer, no viewport settings… could be something else too…

well, how to begin… Ehm… I really feel like a f****** newbie. I had double buffered window AND I FORGOT TO SWAP THE BUFFERS !!!

Thanks so much for opening my eyes