Features support

Hello,

I need to access textures in the vertex shader.
I’m using an NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 with the driver version 7.7.7.2 and I’m not able to use the function texture2D(…). The log file states:

InfoLog:<stdlib>(9573) : error C1115: unable to find compatible overloaded function “tex2D”
<stdlib>(9573) : error C1016: expression type incompatible with function return type.

So, I need a new graphics card! Can Anyone advise me a card the supports these features and others like ‘for’ cycles, noise functions, etc?

Thank you in advance for your attention.

For texture access in the vertex shader and for loops in pixel shaders you need a geforce 6 series card (6600 or 6800 I would suggest). With the current drivers you need to use a registry hack to enable this feature.
See my post here:
http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/cgi_directory/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000850
about this.

For the noise function I think only the 3dlabs wildcat supports it.

For the noise function I think only the 3dlabs wildcat supports it.
I have received reports of the built-in noise functions on a 3DLabs card being a lot slower than this:

My GLSL noise implementaion

My GLSL implementation of noise runs quite fast on modern ATI and NVidia hardware, and now it’s even faster than when I first published it in late 2004, due to constructive feedback and contributions from “mrbill”.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.