FBO and cube map on ATI card with Catalyst 5.6

I am getting a segmentation fault when I specify a cube map target to the glFramebufferTexture2DEXT call. Here’s a snippet of code for just the -X face:

glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_NEGATIVE_X_ARB, 0, GL_RGB, res, res, 0, GL_RGB, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, NULL);

glFramebufferTexture2DEXT(GL_FRAMEBUFFER_EXT, GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENT0_EXT, GL_TEXTURE_CUBE_MAP_NEGATIVE_X_ARB, id, 0);

When I do this with GL_TEXTURE_2D it does not crash. Has anyone done this with success or can an anyone confirm that is is not yet supported?

I’m not sure if it’s supposed to work in that driver, but render to cubemap certainly working in our current internal builds.

Cube map rendering on the 5.6 driver is broken.

Was it working in previous driver releases?

No, because previous drivers didn’t support FBO.

FBO is not supported ‘officially’ in the Cat 5.6 ? (ie, the extension is not shown is the GL_EXTENSIONS string). At least, not on Radeon 9800 or earlier.

It’s only supported by nVidia . Also you cannot download the Catalyst 5.6 anymore URL broken from ATI web page.

Are you trying to use FBO without checking for the extension ? :wink: That’s why it doesn’t work …

Yes, I am loading the function pointers even though it is not returned in the extensions string. I read that it was partially implemented on another thread and wanted to try it out. Any idea when this will be fully implemented on ATI? BTW I am running an X800 card.

Implementing all corner cases and correctly handling all weird application paths is quite a large task, so that will take a while. But an implementation that covers 95% of the normal usage should be out in the not too distant future.