Extensions.

Hello. As you can see, I’m new here. I started messing around with OpenGL some days ago… and I think that now it’s time to mess around with extensions. I got glext.h… and that’s pretty much as far as I got. There are no libs (Windows) on OpenGL.com I could download… so I can’t use the extensions, of course. When trying to use a function of an extension, I get unresolved externals. I’ve searched for hours - No success. All tutorial sites say that you just have to get glext.h, that’s all - but that’s rubbish, it makes no sense. I have just updated my PSDK version, and have the latest OpenGL lib and h files (The h files say ‘Build number 0004’?). I’m really lost right now cause no one on the whole internet seemed to have this particular problem. Help really appreciated! :smiley:

Looki

You have to load the function pointers manually, by using wglGetProcAddress, I am sure every tutorial says that (it should be also on the wiki). Alternatively, you can use libraries which do the loading for you, like GLEW.

Damn. I thought about that… but since I haven’t seen anybody doing it… :stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks a lot, though! :smiley:
I’ll give it a go. :slight_smile:

By the way, could it be that there are many German people around here?

After defining a macro for the pointer defs and some stress it finally works. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

I don’t see no Germans anywhere, you must be mistaken.