EXT_framebuffer_object And Texture Repeat....

I’ve created a new framebuffer object and I’ve attached a texture to COLOR_ATTACHMENT0. When I call glCheckFramebufferStatusEXT, I always get INCOMPLETE_ATTACHMENT unless I set texture wrap to GL_CLAMP/GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE. I didn’t see this requirement in the EXT_framebuffer_object spec. Did I miss it, or is this a driver problem?

Thanks!
Andrew.

What is the format of the texture? What video card/drivers do you have?

I bet this is a driver problem, I experienced the same behavior on an NVidia 6800GT it was really weird. I had to set it to GL_CLAMP for the color textures but for the depth texture, if it was DEPTH24+STENCIL8, I had to disable clamp for the depth texture, etc…

I haven’t tried it on the 6800GT with the latest drivers, but the issue seems to be fixed for 7xxx and up anyway.

N.

Thanks NiCo, I’ll keep that in mind.

sqrt[-1], I’m running an ATi 9700 in OS 10.5 on a Powerbook G4. Granted the machine is getting a bit old, but it reports support for the required extensions. Here’s the TexImage2D call:

glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_RGBA8, width, height, 0, GL_RGBA, GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE, 0);

Does it return INCOMPLETE_ATTACHMENT if you set width and height to a ‘power of 2’-value? Maybe it’s poor support for texture_non_power_of_two. That would explain the issue I had with my GF6800 as the GF6 was the first series to support this extension.

N.

Hi NiCo,

“Power of 2” textures seem to work fine without setting CLAMP*, so I’d assume you’re correct.

Thanks!
Andrew.