Every Card Has An Error??????

I Am Confused About Video Cards I Have An S3 Trio3d/2x 368 8MB and everybody says “Get A New Card” Well I Am But Every Card Ive Thought Of So Far All Have Errors and Lots Of Complaints!
what card would be the best to buy???
a voodoo???

Voodoo will help, but it’s an expansion of your existing video card. You use the two cards together.
These kind folks are suggesting another card not because you have a bad one, but because you are limited by the amount of RAM available to you on your existing card. Face it, with the amount of graphics in games now days, 8Meg just isn’t near enough…:>

Originally posted by Need-A-New-Card:
I Am Confused About Video Cards I Have An S3 Trio3d/2x 368 8MB and everybody says “Get A New Card” Well I Am But Every Card Ive Thought Of So Far All Have Errors and Lots Of Complaints!
what card would be the best to buy???
a voodoo???

Im Gonna Buy An Nvidia Riva TNT 32MB could i use it alone??? is it any good???

Yes, it is good and it is also a complete graphic card. Only the first Voodoo cards was working together with your old card. If you can afford it is the GF2 mx worth the extra cost.

It is certainly not only a matter of how much memory the card has. A 32 M card can be crap and a 16 M card OK. Even if the S3 trio had 32M would it only be able to render at a fraction of the GF2mx speed.

WARNING for Voodoo cards, 3dfx is history and no new drivers is released. If you want an alternative to nvidia should you take a look at the ati products.

got a savage 4 16mb
it rulez!
is it any goodz???

Savage4 is all right. I would stay away from the Voodoo line as 3dfx has gone out of business and I wouldn’t expect many future driver releases. If you’re on a budget, I’d get one of the lower-end GeForce 2 cards.

VIA said they wont release any more drivers for S3 Trio3d/2x Trio3d Trio64V ViRGe Or The Savage Series!
what the hell???
: