errors installing opengl

i’ve tried downloading various different versions of opengl, but every time i try to install them it gives me an error saying:

16 bit Windows Subsystem
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose ‘Close’ to terminate the application
anyone know how to fix this?
note:im running on windows XP with an Nvidia GeForce FX 5700 graphics card

What do yo mean by “downloading different versiosn of opengl”? On windows, there is only one opengl library and it should be sufficient. Hardware implementation is provided via video card drivers.

Originally posted by rasta_zergling:
[b]i’ve tried downloading various different versions of opengl, but every time i try to install them it gives me an error saying:

[quote]16 bit Windows Subsystem
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose ‘Close’ to terminate the application
anyone know how to fix this?
note:im running on windows XP with an Nvidia GeForce FX 5700 graphics card[/b][/QUOTE]You somehow messed up your autoexec.nt file. There should be another good copy in \WINDOWS\repair\ which you can copy over the broken one.

This is totally unrelated to your issues with OpenGL. To get OpenGL support, all you have to do is install a “Graphics driver” from here .

thx, i fixed the autoexec.nt problem and i’m downloading the new graphics card drivers

hopefully everything will be fine now