Err: Could Not Load OpenGL Subsystem

i have XP and a ATI Rage 128 Pro, how do i fix the openGL subsystem problem?

HEY HEY

i have your answer, its simple
download GL SETUP and run it, it will downlad the latest open gl drivers, and if you get to the point where it says do you want to force or keep (if this occurs) choose force, let it finish downloading, and happy gaming

i have the same problem how do i fix it?

i have a Voodoo 4 video card and winxp

Um… I downloaded OpenGL setup but it won’t work because i have Aol what should i do

Just go to this page: http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=pg_20010907751234,
and download the file that is named “version23.11”(Win2k-XP_23.11.exe). Do what the installation says and play.

Originally posted by helpme:
I just bought a new game and while trying to install it on my Toshiba Satellite 2805-S402 laptop which uses the NVidia GeForce 2 Go chipset, an error message keeps popping up “GLW_StartOpenGL - could not load OpenGL subsystem”. I went to the Toshiba website but did not find any updated driver available for Windows XP (my OS) so I checked out the NVidia website and download the Detonator XP driver and still, the game won’t run. Anybody can help me please? Would be most thankful…

I had the same trouble under Win 98 SE and now it works Edit win.ini (in the windows directory silly). Notepad can edit this file. MSCONFIG will do also. Search for “DVA”. Place a semi-colon at the beginning of the line (or delete the entire line). Save the file and reboot.

[DrawDib]
;DVA=0

I can play now with 2 different games : Eingana and Sar Wars Jedi Knight (i.e)

Originally posted by helpme:
The game I’m trying to run is Jedi Knight II. Please help us both, anyone?

WIN 98 only :

Edit win.ini (in the windows directory silly). Notepad can edit this file. MSCONFIG will do also. Search for “DVA”. Place a semi-colon at the beginning of the line (or delete the entire line). Save the file and reboot.

Originally posted by mikie:
[b]I am having similar symptoms with JKII…but I’m running it under WIN98 on:

Celeron 466
Intel LX motherboard
Diamond Viper V770 (TNT2)

OpenGL loaded but could not start the game. My error says:

Initializing OpenGL driver
…getting DC: succeeded
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
…23 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…GLW_ChoosePFD( 16, 16, 0 )
…23 PFDs found
…GLW_ChoosePFD failed
…failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT
…restoring display settings[/b]

WIN 98 only :

Edit win.ini (in the windows directory silly). Notepad can edit this file. MSCONFIG will do also. Search for “DVA”. Place a semi-colon at the beginning of the line (or delete the entire line). Save the file and reboot.

Hi, I have exactly the same problem - I want to run Jedi Outcast (see my other post). What if win.ini doesn’t contain ‘DVA’, like on my PC?!

I have this same problem, with a twist.
can not run MOH same OpenGl problem as indicated above. Purchased an ATI Radeon 7000 64MB card and inserted it into a Compaq P4 1.8 windows XP computer. Went to ATI site and downloaded new driver. Unfortunatly I now have “Fatal Error fault on bootup” can not use new driver and can not play MOH.
Any suggestions? using the old Video card is not an option as it was a Nvidia Vanta.

Well it would work but i have an ATI rage card not a nvdiva one (Sorry for the sp) where should i go if GLSetup won’t work because of aol and I don’t have the same type of video card?

I have XP and my problem is my comp has an ATI rage card and aol. And my response is to someone’s from above

Originally posted by samsonite:
[b]HEY HEY

i have your answer, its simple
download GL SETUP and run it, it will downlad the latest open gl drivers, and if you get to the point where it says do you want to force or keep (if this occurs) choose force, let it finish downloading, and happy gaming [/b]

but the GLSETUP dosen’t work with XP, so how would that help?!?!?

My problem is also with the openGL on Win XP except that my video card is a Voodoo 4 4500, and it wont play anygames on Win XP. My onboard videocard palys some games but its only a 8meg… help

Update your driver through the place you got your computer. It worked for me

Yo,

i have a similar problem though i have a Voodoo 3 2000 with 16 mb of video ram. Seeing as 3dfx went out of business, i can’t get an updated driver for my card from the offical people. I’m also running on windows XP so that glsetup won’t work on my computer. I just recently got jedi knight 2 and can’t run it because of that opengl thing.

See my post about openGL… I think I found a fix.

~Vorpal Bunny