EMBM with 3d textures- ATIX

Any ideas if this will work. I have been hacking on this for a few days. I can create a 3d texture with gl_dudv_ext format. But the card is very picky about which texunit gets it. What I would like to do is have a 3d texture bump a 2d texture. Seems like this might work, but 3d textures are not mentioned in the spec. Essentialy, what I am going for here is dependant textures with the 3d texture generating texcoords into the 2d texture.
–joey

Unfortunately, this is not possible on Radeon. Radeon requires 3-D textures to always be on unit 0 and they implicity eat up unit 2. The DUDV bumpmap can also only be used on texture unit 2. This makes it impossible for a 3-D texture to be used with ATIX_envmap_bumpmap on Radeon.

— Yep, that is basicaly the same answer that I have been able to come up with. Thanks for the sanity check. It would be VERY usefull if we could bump with a 3d texture, even better if we could bump a 3d tex with another 3d tex (another item on my wish list) Maybe in the next rev? Anyway, is there a document that covers details like their 3d texture implementation. It would be nice to have a better picture of what’s going on. I don’t think I saw this kind of document on ATI’s developer site.