Dynamic loading of GL libraries with NVIDIA 4363

I’m currently working as linux programmer on the lwjgl project (http://java-game-lib.sourceforge.net) that implements a java binding to OpenGL. However, I’ve ran into a problem regarding the dynamic loading of libGL.so, namely dlopen failing with this error message:

/usr/lib/tls/libGL.so.1: shared object cannot be dlopen()ed: static TLS memory too small

after successfully loading and closing the lib a few times. It happens all the time on my newly installed rh9, so I tried quake3 as a reference test, which gives me the exact same result - issuing two vid_restarts in the quake console crashes the game with an

…loading libGL.so: QGL_Init: Can’t load libGL.so from /etc/ld.so.conf or current dir: /home/elias/elias.bak/snot/quake3/libGL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
failed
…loading libMesaVoodooGL.so: QGL_Init: Can’t load libMesaVoodooGL.so from /etc/ld.so.conf or current dir: /home/elias/elias.bak/snot/quake3/libMesaVoodooGL.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
failed

I’m using NVIDIA drivers version 4363 with a gf 2 mx on an athlon 700 with 512 mb sdram. A similar problem occurred on rh 8, the difference being that the GLX context allocation fails and it required a lot more restarts (20-30 times) before the failure is triggered. Quake3 behaved the same too, requiring 20-30 vid_restarts in the console.

Any thoughts?

• elias

[This message has been edited by elias (edited 05-11-2003).]

[This message has been edited by elias (edited 05-11-2003).]

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.