Dust particle system

Hello;
Im trying to get a good particle system for a rally game (not ligting/shading on particles), where the tires have to emit a lot of dust/sand…but im having problems to configure it…sometimes i get very bright particles (when using GL_ONE, since its additive) and sometimes bleck-bordered ones…how do i mix a blend mode + RGBA texture + RGBA color(from terrain color) to get a nice result? Thanks!

Originally posted by Coluna:
…sometimes i get very bright particles (when using GL_ONE, since its additive) and sometimes bleck-bordered ones…how do i mix a blend mode + RGBA texture + RGBA color(from terrain color) to get a nice result? Thanks!
GL_ONE is not very usable for “dust”, you are right. For best results use a high number of particles with a high transparency. Try to fill the particle texture completely with color and let the alpha define the shape (this should eliminate black borders). Use GL_SRC_ALPHA and GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA for blending.

That’s my general guide for “dust” particles…

Thanks for replying…my problem was the texture…now im using a white RGB+contour alpha and that blend mode…its getting good…if i put some shade in RGB it can even fake some ilumination effect…see ya!