Dumping ObjectCode from Shaders?

Originally posted by yooyo:
[b]Someone can put opengl32.dll into app dir and intercept all OpenGL calls. In one of this call’s will be your shader soruce.

Accidently I found that using CG shaders in separate thread and context cannot be intercepted using glIntercept. I didn’t try glDEBuger.

yooyo[/b]
It looks interresting. And when using GLSL instead of Cg (in another thread and another context too), could we still get the shader sources ?

I haven’t read all about shaders yet :slight_smile: But how do (or should) they behave in a multithreading program ? Should they be thread independant ? Does the ARB discusses this, and where can I have some information about that ?

Actually I think they should not be context dependant, but I might be wrong…

I suppose this is a issue related to glIntercept.

yooyo

yooyoo
If you want me to sort out the GLIntercept issue, email a link to your app (or a binary if under 2MB) to dtrebilco ‘at’ techie.com.

this along with cubemap shadows are the two things that i want in gl, i cant see whats difficult to do. just do a check of the shader binary stamp (containing the driver + card it was compiled on) to see if its the same with the current configuration.
personally though ild just settle for something for the developers (not endusers) ie with no check, wanting for the shaders to compile is the biggest slowdown in my startup time

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.