Driver too slow?

I have installed the nvidia driver and glx rpms onto my Redhat 7 system and have found no problem using X for 2d windowing purposes. However, I’ve been trying to get glx running with the loki demo of Descent 3 and it tells me that the driver I’m running is too slow and closes. I also installed the Heretic 2 demo to no avail.
I’ve configured everything on my system according to the nvidia driver documentation. Are there any other resources or tips anyone can recommend for me to resolve this problem??? -thanks

Originally posted by buckshot:
I have installed the nvidia driver and glx rpms onto my Redhat 7 system and have found no problem using X for 2d windowing purposes. However, I’ve been trying to get glx running with the loki demo of Descent 3 and it tells me that the driver I’m running is too slow and closes. I also installed the Heretic 2 demo to no avail.
I’ve configured everything on my system according to the nvidia driver documentation. Are there any other resources or tips anyone can recommend for me to resolve this problem??? -thanks

You might have some old mesa drivers in your disk.

Or you did not edit XFreeconfig-4 file.

If you have gears demo in your system check how it works. Use console window ro run it so you can see frames per second count.
If number is low, check using ldd what opengl lib it uses.

If it uses old mesa base opengl delete those and create link to new nvidia base libs.

Or you can try making symlink to nvidia libs at descent directory and try it helps.

Some documentation is in /usr/share/doc/NVIDIA_GLX-1.0/.
Also other sources is available on the net if you do a search. If you are stuck can you post the output from the glxinfo command.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.