Driver problem

I have a RAGE 128 PRO Ultra GL AGP. My driver version is 6.13.3279 which I installed with the drivers cd that came with my dell. I want to install the 6.13.10.5019 reccomended driver from ATI’s website but when I try to install it, it says it is not compatable with my adapter. It does not work if you try to install it with device manager either. Can anyone help? Don’t tell me to Scitech’s GLDirect even though their latest one works awesome, I don’t want to pay money to get OpenGL to work.

Now I have the 6.13.3279.0 driver from Dell but OpenGL isn’t working still so I still want to get that reccomended driver from ATI.

What do you mean by OpenGL isn’t working?

Well it used to be the famous can not load opengl subsytem but when I got the dell driver it fixed that problem but another one came up. I get the error Q_strncpyz: NULL src.

Originally posted by Flubly:
Well it used to be the famous can not load opengl subsytem but when I got the dell driver it fixed that problem but another one came up. I get the error Q_strncpyz: NULL src.

So these errors are occurring… when???

When loading any OpenGL game.

Originally posted by Flubly:
When loading any OpenGL game.

You’re just a world of information… I give us 2-3 years of QA before we get somewhere.

Uh… which OpenGL games?

what drivers are you using? i dont think the new ones support the rage cards. you have to download a driver for the ATi rage 3d card.