Doom3 environment Bump mapping shaders questions.

Hello!
I want to implement Environment Bump Mapping using the “BumpyEnvironment.vfp” shader from Doom3.
But I have some questions about the shader.
Can somebody tell me the inputs of the vertez shader? I am a little confuzed. Has anyone use this shader to give me an example? thank you!

Using someone else’s copyrighted code without permission may constitute copyright infringement.

I suggest you read up on how the technique actually works (which isn’t that advanced), and code up your own shader. That way, you’ll know what the inputs are.

:S :S :S :S
I am not gonna sell the engine or something. I just want to see it working and understand how it works…

There are loads of bump mapping tutorials out there, check at developers.nvidia.com

Toni

Originally posted by unreal:
:S :S :S :S
I am not gonna sell the engine or something. I just want to see it working and understand how it works…

Then you need to do what jwatte said, learn the algorithm from some source and write your own shader. Using other ppl’s shaders doesn’t teach anything. Trust me, you will learn MUCH more by doing it yourself. As for documents describing this algo, google will find zillions, nvidia’s dev site has stuff, ati’s dev site has stuff, MS’s directx dev site has stuff, etc…

-SirKnight

ok man. You are 100% right. I know. but one think… if you find me zilion tutorials or papers or sample code for Environment Bump mapping I am gonna burn my computer! :stuck_out_tongue:
Anyway… Read Again my first post.
I don’t ask info about EMBM. I am just asking if someone have understand or use this doom3 shader completely to help me. plz dont continue. dont “mess” my thread man. If a moderator see this thread plz delete all the replies cause we are getting out of scope. Thank you.

If a moderator sees this thread, please just close the entire thread. The original question is not on topic.

I said to stop and you continue… OK man… you won. You “mess” my thread. Are you happy now? Too bad for you man! Anyway… I think i have done something with the shader. Hope dont mess again my threads…