DooM III

What is the official system requirements for DOOM3? Have I chances for good (30fps min) playing (although with LOWest graphic details) on PC:
P-4 1800 Mhz, 256 Mb DRR(266Mhz), GeForce4 MX440-SE 64 Mb DDR with AGP4x on?

Sorry, too stupid to answer you.

But if I was smart, I’d probably do a Google search on Doom 3 system requirements.

Then of course, I’d know the official system requirements haven’t been released yet.

If you think Americans are stupid why do you want to play a game that is made in USA?

You are illogical.

Sorry! If you are not american - it`s only better for you and for me.

There are many reasons why americans are stupid. One of them is Doom3. It visually proves my inclining. Only 8-10% of computers in the world running Doom3 well with low LOD. I think good game must have possibility to run on P-3 500 with 128 MB RAM although with lowest minimal graphics quality. This fact proves my judgement about USA. It would be much more interesting for all world if Doom3 will works on GeForce2 (Even with !!!LOWEST!!! LOD).

Originally posted by Americans IS ***:
There are many reasons why americans are stupid.

And your assumption is based on what?

One of them is Doom3.

So you judge an entire nation on a game?
How brilliant!

It visually proves my inclining. Only 8-10% of computers in the world running Doom3 well with low LOD.

Since most gamers have highend pc’s powerfull enough to play D3 (or will upgrade when the game is available), you are proving nothing.

Online queries show that the average gamer uses an 1.5Ghz system with 256Megs of RAM and a Geforce3 or better gfx card. Thats enough to run D3 at an acceptable framerate (at least thats what I heard & read).

I think good game must have possibility to run on P-3 500 with 128 MB RAM although with lowest minimal graphics quality.

Uhhh yeah, why stop at an P-3? Why not go back to an 486-66?

Oh I forgot, its called “progress”. It’s pretty stupid to use new and advanced technology…
And innovation is pure evil

Why would I buy and play a new game that looks like all the others I already bought?

This fact proves my judgement about USA.

What fact? If you think your ‘assumption’ is a fact, you must be pretty du… ehhhh clever.

It would be much more interesting for all world if Doom3 will works on GeForce2 (Even with !!!LOWEST!!! LOD).

I have read in JC’s .plan file that it will run (or should I say crawl) even on a Geforce1 (at 320x200 or so) if you want too.

To sum it all up, you are declaring ‘facts’ based on your ‘assumed’ ideas, which are itself based on poorly researched information (speiced with some personal ‘wishes’ just for flavor).

From my experience (online & real world) every nation has almost the same Gaussian distribution of ‘smart’ and ‘dump’ people.

I also found that people who talk right out of their asses are usally far from the peak.

@all others:

I know that I should’nt feed the troll, I just could’nt help it

Good day!

I think good game must have possibility to run on P-3 500 with 128 MB RAM although with lowest minimal graphics quality. This fact proves my judgement about USA. It would be much more interesting for all world if Doom3 will works on GeForce2 (Even with !!!LOWEST!!! LOD).

Uh…

That thinking works for non-first-person-shooters (FPS).

In fact, I agree completely for NON-FPS games. Civilization 3 should not need a high flutin’ speed demon to be played and enjoyed because it’s all about strategy.

However, FPS games are designed to push the envelope of computing and graphics. Asking a developer to make their products compatible with computers that are several years obsolete is like asking… well, there is no equivalent analogy. Computer technology goes obsolete faster than any other technology - GET USED TO IT.

In fact, according to Morse’s law, this effect is accelerating. Calling it an American thing is well… pretty stupid.

The great news is that thanks to capitalism (arguably an American institution if not invention), the prices of computer technology is trending with Morse’s law. I can put together a fast computer today… not for $10,000 or $5,000 or $2000 or $1000, but $500! With many of the parts being reusable in future upgrades (although that may soon change with upcoming technology).

Heck, I recently upgraded my CPU (XP 1700+), motherboard (ECS L7S7A2), memory (DDR 333), sound card (CMI8738 EAX 6-channel), hard drive (WD 80mg 7200rpm), and video card (Nvidia 5200 FX 128mb POS!) for under $300!

If you aren’t running at least a P4/Athon XP and a GeForce2/Radeon, then you are simply living in the computing bronze age.

It sure is funny to see people posting things like: “I’ve got a K6-II 250mhz with Trident 4mb video card. Why can’t I play UT2003?!?!?!”

Ill be nice from what ive read you more then meet the min req. The min req are p-3 1ghz 256RAM geforce 2 mx or eqvilant.