Direct 3D forums - where?

Hello!
Where can I find Direct 3D forums similar to those here at opengl.org?
Thanks.

…sorry for a bit OT question.

“Microsoft fan”?

What’s wrong with you?
Get outta here!

:wink:

If you’re familiar with Usenet, you can also check out the NNTP server news.microsoft.com. I haven’t lurked there in years, but there used to be a decent DirectX newsgroup there.

I don’t believe there is any support for Direct 3D, since it is an out of date and platform lock API.

:smiley:

Originally posted by <Microsoft fan>:
[b]Hello!
Where can I find Direct 3D forums similar to those here at opengl.org?
Thanks.

…sorry for a bit OT question.[/b]

I don’t believe there is any support for Direct 3D, since it is an out of date and platform lock API.

Couldn’t have said it better! :wink: As for the Microsoft fan, you should still look into OpenGL since you can use it in Windows apps too.

Well, platform independence - yes.
But using Direct 3D for 3D graphics, then using Direct Sound for audio, then Direct Play for net stuff makes your application much more cosistent than using OpenGL for this, some other library for net and audio.
Besides - yes, using OpenGL just for 3D graphics feels like more or less same convenient to me and I didn’t want to start new flame war on it:)

Btw. I don’t really care about portability to any other than MS Windows platforms since 99% of computer gamers do have it installed on their machines, no?

Thanks

You just prove my first thought about your first post, you are just being a Troll. And if you did not want to start a flame war, what did you expect posting direct x questions on a openGL forum!!!

If you don’t have the skill to find a Direct forum on your own, more likly you don’t have the skill to write a 3D program ether.

More like Microsoft is on 90% of the system, the rest is Mac, with small number using linux and or a dual linux / MS on their systems.

Are you trying to tell me 10% of computer gamers are exclusive Mac users?