Dets 56.55

Wow, new dets are out, GL ver is 1.5 (at least with reg patch), there are a lot of new config settings (app specific profiles & opts) & they’re really handy. Also, problems that I had with parallax mapping seems to be gone now
BTW, seems that they are WHQ’elled as Windoze wasn’t crying

Ah, url-> www.guru3d.com

[This message has been edited by M/\dm/
(edited 02-18-2004).]

<offtopic>
It’s very interesting.
Guru3d posted this drivers two days ago nad this is the first post to mention it! Very remarkable! I thought, nvidia’s first glslang driver will make much more “noise”.
</offtopic>
NV_fragment_program_option is the sweetest one, I guess.

@madman: do you have a link for the reg patch? :slight_smile: without the patch, GLSLANG is not available (at least on a GF 5600 Ultra)! :frowning:

Originally posted by Zengar:
<offtopic>
It’s very interesting.
Guru3d posted this drivers two days ago nad this is the first post to mention it!

I mentioned it five hours earlier http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/Forum3/HTML/011540.html

[haczk]
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\OpenGL\Debug]
“ShaderObjects”=dword:00000001
[/haczk]

Originally posted by Zengar:
NV_fragment_program_option is the sweetest one, I guess.

What is NV_fragment_program_option?

You can specify
OPTION NV_fragment_program_option
within the ARB fragment program code and then use NV_fp instructions, suffixes etc… Very handy - coding for NV_fp was never easier…

is there a modified .inf file for laptops (GF4go) for this driver?

Originally posted by Hampel:
is there a modified .inf file for laptops (GF4go) for this driver?

On my laptop (ATi 9600 Pro), I just copy the new driver’s openGL dll (in my case atioglxx.dll) over from my main machine and it works without any problems. I’m not sure if this will work on nvidia chipsets though.

[This message has been edited by bunny (edited 02-19-2004).]

is GLSlang supposed to work with this driver?

I’m running Fx5600 and still getting no dice.

MadMan: i don’t even have the OPENGL folder in my GLOBAL in memory, am i missing something?

~Main

Create it
And you can add another dword to get debug (CG 1.2) output of your shaders (take a look at GLSL forum). I guess it’ll be at least few months until NV will compile GLSL stright to HW.

I guess I’ll jump off Cg to GLSL, as ther’s really no difference. GLSL seems to be cleaner, though I liked Cg a lot. Porting my project now

[This message has been edited by M/\dm/
(edited 02-19-2004).]

Originally posted by duhroach:
[b]is GLSlang supposed to work with this driver?

I’m running Fx5600 and still getting no dice.

MadMan: i don’t even have the OPENGL folder in my GLOBAL in memory, am i missing something?

~Main[/b]

In the glsl forum, there is a thread that tells you how to enable it (it is from the end of january): http://www.opengl.org/discussion_boards/ubb/Forum11/HTML/000051.html
I’ve tried it and it works ok.

YAY! Is all I got to say.

So…what about linux versions? Can’t forget about our cute little friend Tux.

-SirKnight