Designing a 3D modeler in OGL

Hi everybody…

I’m a second year student of computer animation, for my final programming project I have been assigned to write “a simple 3D modelr” using C or C++ and open-Gl.

Now I only know the basics of open-Gl, could any of you, suggest me some books, web-sites etc. that explain this specific task, some sample code would’nt hurt either…

Many thanks…

Unleashed Programmer dweeling in between Bytes.

hey… the best place to learn opengl i think is nehe.gamedev.net… i too am pretty much a newbie to opengl, but i created a 3d modeler program in a few days… its mostly just basic c++… opengl is the easy part… i felt stupid when i created a cylindar function and then later on realized opengl has them already… but mines better when it comes to 3d modeling . i also find http://home.clara.net/paulyg/ogl.htm really useful figuring that guy uses the same compiler i am. All the other sites ive been to have been a waste. if you want specific help, this board is the best place to go to.

ps: colleges are gettin soft… although i havn’t even passed high school yet, my friend tells me that he gets his programmin assignments done the day they are assigned… and as of last week he was just on classes