DepthMask

glDepthMask(GL_TRUE/GL_FALSE);

Some say i can’t use it(cause some video cards don’t understand it) some say i can

whay should i do?? any advice??

o yeah,

are there any engines(examples of engines) in source code??? i’d like to see how it works cause NeHe is not everyting

thanks a lot,

Jan

[This message has been edited by Janneke (edited 02-23-2001).]

the quake1 source out there somewhere try google also u might wanna take a looksy here http://cg.cs.tu-berlin.de/~ki/engines.html

im pretty sure EVERY card/driver understands glDepthMask

ok thank you very much

maybe those idiots coded it wrong

Cya!!

Jan

well i didn’t find any usefull engines the most are or to big or do not have a source code …

but isn’t there a small source code that has the right way of loading textures, using different filters in order, loading the right way from a textfile, blends and maybe use light??

maybe a little bit much

less is also good

well
thanks anyway!

Jan

nehe shows you how to do all these things
“loading textures, using different filters in order, loading the right way from a textfile, blends and maybe use light??”

Lessons 10 and 23 show a small game, the others will show you special effects. You should have a look at the opengl redbook or superbible to look at the proper usage of the fuctions used in the tutorials (links are at nehe’s site). Other parts of an engine (collision detection, BSPs/octrees, sound, AI) you will have to use other tutorials. Everything eles is up to you, you will need to think of the best way to structure and code your program.

Tim

once again thanks for the tips,

glad people help me here…

i would help people if i know the answer to

so thanks and till next time!

Jan

btw does the Nehe tutorials show the proper way to do the things?

cause there are prob. many ways of doing it…
i hope it is the right way??

well the red book is almost totaly printed here

CYA ALL!!!

Jan

Since NeHe’s site is visited quite often, I would assume that come contributers helped him to debug/improve his tutorials, if they were bad.

hehehe do you think so? :stuck_out_tongue:

anyways does anyone know where i can find the red book in PDF files??

cause i deleted them few months ago

and now i have half printed

CYA

Jan