cubemap reflection not perspective correct

The normals are not shared, if they were there would be no discontinuity in coordinates on the leading edge.

OK … after a delay (for the Thanksgiving holiday here in the US) … I’ve got a demo prepared to better show off the problem.

Dorbie is correct, the normals are not shared. And I’m pretty sure I do properly load the texture matrix with the 3x3 of the inverse modelview.

Feel free to see the problem yourself by downloading an *.exe at http://home.columbus.rr.com/bpainte
There are two versions to choose, for hi-res (2.4 MB) and lo-res (1.0 MB) textures.

The executable should run, but I honestly don’t test Release builds all that often. Let me know if there are problems obviously. The *.exe is large, but it is due mostly to the GUI library I use (wxWindows). I’ll work on a pure Win32 demo probably too.

Thanks for looking.
–Brett

i guess this is the same problem you get when trying to draw a textured trapezoid
and i guess it’s due to linear interpolation of tex coords
and i guess there’s no solution to that :>

Drawing a textured trapezoid and getting nice results is quite easy actually, you just need to properly set the q coord. http://www.r3.nu/~cass/qcoord/

For the cubemap prob, you can always use higher tesselation, or you can just do the math in a fragment program instead.

talking about fragment progs, does anybody know when arb frag progs will be implemented on nvidia boards? should we wait for geforce fx or will they be emulated with some sort of sw driver?

Originally posted by tellaman:
talking about fragment progs, does anybody know when arb frag progs will be implemented on nvidia boards? should we wait for geforce fx or will they be emulated with some sort of sw driver?

ARB_FRAGMENT_PROGRAM will work on hardware on GeforceFX
There is an util at the nvidia site that allows to emulate the functionnalities of the FX
It is damn slow though…

but how can i get this emulation to work? i mean i can only see ati extensions in the latest version of mesa glext.h (GL_ATI_fragment_shader instead of some sort of GL_ARB_fragment_shader)
is it me i’m using an outdated header file?

Originally posted by tellaman:
but how can i get this emulation to work? i mean i can only see ati extensions in the latest version of mesa glext.h (GL_ATI_fragment_shader instead of some sort of GL_ARB_fragment_shader)
is it me i’m using an outdated header file?

ARB_f_p is not part of opengl1.4 so i doubt mesa has integrated it. (easy to check on their site if it does but i’m getting lasy )
The emulation has nothing to do with the header. It just allows you to use the extensions of the FX instead of reporting that the extension is not supported.
In fact the emulation is in the drivers (since 40.41 i think) and this app is just an easy way to toggle the abilites of the FX.
If you want to program these effects, there you will need to get these extensions.
As i don’t use glext.h i can’t tell you, but i’m pretty sure there might be one somewhere that defines the entries of arb_f_p