Could not load OpenGL subsystem

Originally posted by Stumped:
I cant stand it, my Call Of Duty and Medal of honor wont work with my ATI radeon 7500 All in Wonder !!!Please help me!!!

try activision help (COD) or ATI HELP…it is a supported chip

COD SUPPORTED CHIPS ARE:

• All ATI® Radeon™ cards[]All nVidia® GeForce™ chipsets []Matrox® Parhelia™

Originally posted by EthereaL:
OK I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH THIS SUBSYSTEM STUFF COULD NOT OPEN , OPEN GL WELL I FIXED MINE IM RUNNING WINDOWS XP…THE DRIVERS THAT COMES WITH THIS OPERATING SYSTEM ARE GENERIC I WENT TO http://www.nvidia.com/ AND AT THE TOP IS A TAB …DOWNLOAD DRIVERS …IT WILL OPEN UP OR A FALL DOWN MENU WILL BE EXPOSED FOR ME I NEEDED WINDOWS XP/2000 THEN THE DRIVER YOULL WANT IS Detonator XP
Driver 23.11 DOWN LOAD THAT SAVE TO MY DOCUMENTS OPEN IT WILL SAY THIS IS NOT A VALID WIN LOGO DRIVER …INSTALL IT ANY WAYS YOULL BE PLAYING WOLFENSTEIN AN ABOUT 2 WHOLE MINUTES BUT THATS ONLY IF YOU GOT A VID CARD WITH NVIDIA CHIPSET AND FOR 98/ME PEOPLE THAT DROP DOWN MENU HAS A SPOT FOR YOU GUYS ALSO … PEACE OUT… ITS SIMPLE DONT GO CHANGING EVERY THING UP DATE YOUR DRIVER FIRST…

Thanks a lot for this method. It helped me above all the other suggestions.
I didn’t get the driver to load up the same way you did on the nvidia website, but I got there eventually!
Thanks again!

Originally posted by john.anderson15:
I didn’t get the driver to load up the same way you did on the nvidia website, but I got there eventually!
Thanks again!

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE A FRIKING RETARD IT SAYS ALL OVER THEESE BOARDS UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING ELSE!!!

im 2 lazy to log in :stuck_out_tongue: Dr. Death Here:

Originally posted by john.anderson15:
Thanks again!

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE A FRIKING RETARD IT SAYS ALL OVER THEESE BOARDS UPDATE YOUR DRIVERS BEFORE TRYING ANYTHING ELSE!!!

PLEASE PEOPLE THINK BEFORE YOU POST YOUR MESSAGES LOOK AT THAT DUDE ABOVE HE THINKS ITS GREAT ALL HE NEEDED TO DO WAS UPDATE HIS DRIVER, GREAT YOU GOT IT FIXED BUT DONT GO AND SAY “BEST SOLUTION TOPS ALL OTHERS HAD TO LOOK HARD” REALLY ITS LIKE UR AN IDIOT THATS THE 1ST THING TO DO!!!iT SAYS IT ALL OVER THE DAM BOARD

all im pointhing out is check things out be 4 you go posting nonsense a million i have a problem posts from diff ppl arent gonna help…just check around there are lots of awsers and fixes on this site

sorry guys it keeps double posting 4 sum reason after my 1st post.

Hey m8, i have a compaq 5030 p2 300mhz wiv a rage LT pro AGP 2x(the AGP makes it equivalent to sumfin like a 12-16 meg card) and have the same problem i’ve downloaded tons of opengl drivers but quake 3 still says "could not open gl subsystem

Are You using MATLAB? kill all matlab programs running in background through task manager & play the game. I got the same problem, tried many, reinstalled Graphics driver to the lattest one, but the problem persisted.
for one fellow his problem was solved by logging off(not restart) and logging in again. I did the same. to the surprise, all openGL based games worked!!! vow. later I came to know the reason is matlab, which exits while logging off and doesn’t start again till restart. and matlab doesn’t allow any openGL based games to run. I dono why? but that is not important for us. juz kill it & enjoy playing the game.

~Ramesh

QUOTE]Originally posted by john.anderson15:
[b] I have the same problem. At the start of ‘Return to Castle Wolfenstein’, its says OpenGL subsystem missing.
I anyone knows how to solve this problem, please let me know!

Hey if anyone knows how to fix this problem for MOHAA i have a Nvidia Geforce 2 card and i keep getting t5hat error GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem and there is more but i dont know how to fix it email me at Crazy_Jman@hotmail.com PLZ if you can fix it email me I CANT LIVE WITHOUT MOHAA

i had a nvidia card but uninstalled it and used my old one instead (o non-nvidia 4mb regular graphic card, nothing special) and reinstalled windows. now, that is out of the way, i tried loading both jedi knight 2 and mohaa in single player mode and got the following message: ‘could not load openGL subsystem’ so i tried what one of the posts said on this forum and i searched win.ini on run and came up with a notepad. i did not see dva=o so i have not made any more attempts to fix this prob. someone please help me. keep in mind i had a 3d card, but no longer, and now im using a non 3d card. i dont think downloading new nvidia drivers is the answer since i no longer have a 3d accelerator in my computer. when i went to adapters, it shows only the non nvidia graphic card, so that means that the nvidia card is completely out of the system im guessing plus the fact that i reinstalled windows. anyone out there that can help me? :’(

i had a nvidia card but uninstalled it and used my old one instead (o non-nvidia 4mb regular graphic card, nothing special) and reinstalled windows. now, that is out of the way, i tried loading both jedi knight 2 and mohaa in single player mode and got the following message: ‘could not load openGL subsystem’ so i tried what one of the posts said on this forum and i searched win.ini on run and came up with a notepad. i did not see dva=o so i have not made any more attempts to fix this prob. someone please help me. keep in mind i had a 3d card, but no longer, and now im using a non 3d card. i dont think downloading new nvidia drivers is the answer since i no longer have a 3d accelerator in my computer. when i went to adapters, it shows only the non nvidia graphic card, so that means that the nvidia card is completely out of the system im guessing plus the fact that i reinstalled windows. anyone out there that can help me? :’(

i have a compaq and the video card is part of the mother board how do i find out what it is. there is nothing at the compaq web site. when i try to run rtcw i get that could not load open gl stuff.

The problem (in my case) was in MATLAB’s curve “MATLAB Server” service.
So, if you have WinNT based OS and MATLAB 6.x installed on your system and also have an OpenGL initialization error then just turn off the “MATLAB Server” service.

To all with opengl problems, I posted my specs on thread Opengl errors @ mohaa and have since found a solution to my problem. I tried everything I found posted related to this problem to no avail. I went to http://www.scitechsoft.com/products/ent/enterprise_download/gld_win_download.php and tried the free demo and it worked for me. I have since purchased it for only $9.95 USD. However, wish I knew why Nvidia card would not allow usage of opengl!! Hope this helps. It is fun to play MOHAA again!

:confused: i run windows 2000 os with an intel graphics chip. The accompanying Opengl32.dll in the directory C:\Winnt\System32\ dates from 2001.

This runs Mohaa without problems, however there is an anticheat software DMW Scanner which does not accept this version of Opengl. Overwriting the dll file with a newer version does not work and generates an error in the gaming saying it can’t load opengl. (Have updated to latest intel drivers and latest version of directx) Any suggestions on how to update the opengl files?

:slight_smile: Bazz

Originally posted by <Bazz>:
i run windows 2000 os with an intel graphics chip.

Any suggestions on how to update the opengl files?
Short of replacing the chip with an actual video card? No.

IT’s all about the drivers, lol where have i heard that. some os’s and games are very picky, i guess, play around update and go back, it’s a good weekend project :slight_smile: , have done so myself :slight_smile: alot

Any suggestions on how to update the opengl files?[/QUOTE]Short of replacing the chip with an actual video card? No.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Yep, would do the trick wouldn’t it. In the meantime, the DMW software supplier has updated their driver support, which resolved the problem aswell.

Thx. for the reply post <Uh>

Originally posted by glchallenged:
To all with opengl problems, I posted my specs on thread Opengl errors @ mohaa and have since found a solution to my problem. I tried everything I found posted related to this problem to no avail. I went to http://www.scitechsoft.com/products/ent/enterprise_download/gld_win_download.php and tried the free demo and it worked for me. I have since purchased it for only $9.95 USD. However, wish I knew why Nvidia card would not allow usage of opengl!! Hope this helps. It is fun to play MOHAA again!
that is not a smart thing to do it runs yea…but performance SUCKS!