Could not load OpenGL subsystem

This is what i did to fix the problem for me…

I went into my Windows/System folder, looked for a 3dfxVGL.dll file, but didn’t find one. So i made a copy of my 3dfxOGL.dll file, and renamed it to 3dfxVGL.dll and put it in my windows/system folder… loaded quake3, and it worked.

can you gave me the link to the nvidia open gl subsystem download plze? i can’t find it nowere

can you gave me the link to the nvidia open gl subsystem download plze? i can’t find it nowere

Here is the real solution to the “opengl susbystem” error. I have Win2k / ATI Radeon / AMD Athlon XP, BTW - but I doubt if it really matters with this solution…

(You need WinZip to do this)

1. (First rename myconfig.cfg to something else, then…)Go to your SOF2 base folder and find your *.pk3 files. Get the one called “therest.pk3”.

2. Open therest.pk3 with WinZip and find “safe.cfg”. Drag / extract it to your base folder.

3. Open safe.cfg with notepad and edit as you please - or use as is. I turned on ati extensions, for example. When you save it - save as “myconfig.cfg” so SOF2 will recognize it. If you accidently saved it as a text file, delete the “txt” part - make sure it is named “myconfig.cfg” (without the quotes).

4. Run SOF2.exe - runs just fine, huh? If you want, you can add some of the other commands (I’m not an expert as to what they all are) or just change your settings in the game and it will update the (FIXED) config file.

any one know how to get opengl to work for windows server 2k3???

thanx

Originally posted by magusat999:
[b]Here is the real solution to the “opengl susbystem” error. I have Win2k / ATI Radeon / AMD Athlon XP, BTW - but I doubt if it really matters with this solution…

(You need WinZip to do this)

1. (First rename myconfig.cfg to something else, then…)Go to your SOF2 base folder and find your *.pk3 files. Get the one called “therest.pk3”.
  1. Open therest.pk3 with WinZip and find “safe.cfg”. Drag / extract it to your base folder.
  1. Open safe.cfg with notepad and edit as you please - or use as is. I turned on ati extensions, for example. When you save it - save as “myconfig.cfg” so SOF2 will recognize it. If you accidently saved it as a text file, delete the “txt” part - make sure it is named “myconfig.cfg” (without the quotes).
  1. Run SOF2.exe - runs just fine, huh? If you want, you can add some of the other commands (I’m not an expert as to what they all are) or just change your settings in the game and it will update the (FIXED) config file.[/b]

before you go fooling around with crap like that always back up your computer,that dosent look to convincing renaming myconfig

[This message has been edited by dr. death (edited 01-13-2004).]

[This message has been edited by dr. death (edited 01-13-2004).]

people before you post why dont you look at other peoples posts and see the awnsers they got…
1st) dva solution is ONLY found in Win 98.
2nd)Dont re-post over and over
3rd) not every “fix” people post is gonna work , some will just screw your computer
4th)Finding your drivers web page aint hard google search or just plain type the name with a .com at the end.

people before you post why dont you look at other peoples posts and see the awnsers they got…
1st) dva solution is ONLY found in Win 98.
2nd)Dont re-post over and over
3rd) not every “fix” people post is gonna work , some will just screw your computer
4th)Finding your drivers web page aint hard google search or just plain type the name with a .com at the end.

to lazy to log in…man o well new url to my web site is below, same one just easier.

www.openglproblems.tk

that was me above i ment to say joe shmoe

look man i finally fix the opengl problem and now the game give this error
WARNING: Medal of Honor requires a video card with multitexturing capability

what i have to do???
plz help byebye

Originally posted by Gamer:
[b]When I try to start Return to castle wolfenstein it never starts but I get this text to screen. I use GeForce2 GTS 32Mb and WinME.

Every OpenGL game I’ve tried also gives me some error text. What can I do?[/b]

Originally posted by Paully:
[b]I have tried running in normal AND safe mode but this message keeps popping up.

Wolf 1.0.0 win-x86 Nov 13 2001
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Program Files\Accessories\HyperTerminal\rtcw\main\sp_pak2.pk3 (232 files)
C:\Program Files\Accessories\HyperTerminal\rtcw\main\sp_pak1.pk3 (1342 files)
C:\Program Files\Accessories\HyperTerminal\rtcw\main\pak0.pk3 (4775 files)
C:\Program Files\Accessories\HyperTerminal\rtcw/main

[/b]

[b]I have tried running in normal AND safe mode but this message keeps popping up.

----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:

[/b]

----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:

[/b]

Originally posted by pArentAl_:
[b]look man i finally fix the opengl problem and now the game give this error
WARNING: Medal of Honor requires a video card with multitexturing capability

what i have to do???
plz help byebye[/b]

What’s your video card and does it meet the MINIMUM requirements of MoH?

Listen very carefully because I don’t think this solution has been posted here and all the other ones were slightly less than useless for me. I’m assuming by this point everyone has tried reinstalling drivers and playing with the DVA and adjusting the colour settings or moving the computer so it points due east. But if you run MATLAB then for some weird reason it stop OPENGL from doing it’s thing. Uninstal MATLAB or if you need it shut down the two things in task manager (matlab and matlabserver or something like that).
Hey presto. Normal service is resumed
I thank you

I GET THE DANG THING IN JEDI KNIGHT TWO THAT FRUSTRATES ME SO MUCH…I use Windows XP AND I USE NVIDIA RIVA TNT AND IT IS FULLY UPDATED BUT WHEN I GOT TO NVIDIA POORLY MADE SITE I CAN"T FIND A DARN THING ABOUT OPENGLS…OMG THESE GUYS MAY BE SMART WITH THEIR NEW STUFF BUT THEY CAN"T DO CRAP ABOUT THEIR OPENGL"S…and i ain’t buying a new driver

I have a problem with the Jedi knight two…it has problems with the gl…i am using xp…i use nvidia…i can’t find nvidia’s opengl in its website…man i am frusttrated

YEAH, I think you are right! Now that you mentioned, my problems began when I instaled Matlab!!!
I will try unistaling it later.
Finally, I have hope!!