Could not load OpenGL subsystem

Originally posted by Gamer:
[b]When I try to start Return to castle wolfenstein it never starts but I get this text to screen. I use GeForce2 GTS 32Mb and WinME.

Every OpenGL game I’ve tried also gives me some error text. What can I do?[/b]

hi,
I had the same error : “could not load opengl subsystem” with several games. I tried a lot of things to solve this problem and many times i thought i did, but when i restarted my pc it would just come back again. So i did something very simple:i just logged of in windows and then i logged back in again. After that the games worked fine.I just do this every time a game refuses to work. This thing worked on both my computers, one has windows2000 and the other XP, both with a GForce4 MX. I know that there are a lot of things that cause these opengl problems but you never know if this thing works for you guys too, so i just thought i should let you know

Hi, I have the same problem: “Could not load OpenGL subsystem”.

I have a Win XP, and when I update my 3D drivers, the error is gone, so for example: Medal Of Honor works again. But the problem is: when I update these drivers, Counter-Strike doesn’t work properly. I can play it only for about 15 minutes. My 3D card is Radeon 8500 by Hercules.

So, the big question is: How can I get these both games work?

I got this problem trying to load MOHAA on my WinXP box with a Voodoo 4500 card. I finally found a driver that works. This won’t help everyone, but this might work for those with Voodoo4/5 cards on similar systems. See http://www.voodoofiles.com/5467 or download the driver called “RocketDriver Voodoo4/5 WinXP” at http://www.nforcefiles.net/afilesa2aa/3dfxdrivers/v4-5_wxp_rocket.zip.

dam html doesent work here

[This message has been edited by dr. death (edited 10-29-2003).]

I had all these same problems. I run 4 computers on a network at home ( 5 kids ) lol you have to download your drivers from your cd or the website as windows inbuilt drivers will detect your card and load its own drivers of course these dont work.If you have upgraded your op system then get the drivers off your cards homepage for your op system if you dont have the cd thats how i fixed my jedi knight prob with win xp

i downloaded new driver for nvidea everything works perfect , bye

Originally posted by crazy man:
I find the best way to deal with this problem, because i can’t find the DVA=0 line in my win.ini is to scream loudly and pound your fists on the keyboard.

I agree… This is frustrating!!!
Has anyone narrowed it down to a Video card that does not have this problem, or are we all screwed?

WINXP SP1
XP2100 (Same Problem with 1.3 Thunderbird)
Radeon 8500 128 (Not OC’d)
Cat 3.9 (Tried 3.9 Omega, did not fix)
Iwill Ka266r
512 Crucial 266

Originally posted by crazy man:
I find the best way to deal with this problem, because i can’t find the DVA=0 line in my win.ini is to scream loudly and pound your fists on the keyboard.
lol i know how u feel the same with me i cannot find the DVA=0 line its ****in annoying

HOLY CRAP THIS THREAD IS LONG!!!

ops forget my longin pass:O
it is not the drivers it is the stupid operation systems like microsoft who r stuck up >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>the best chips is the world thoug r ati radeon

Originally posted by isaiahyp:
For those with XP and Nvidia drivers that gave you the blue screen,uninstall the current display drivers first.This is a very important step because if you don’t,you will get the blue screen. A lot of
people overlook this step(including me).After uninstall,just install the lastest
Nvidia drivers again.

1. I know this thread is old/long .
  2. How do I uninstall my current display driver.

PLZ someone help me !!!

I have the new driver from Nvidia and I still can’t play MOHAA! With the new options that come with this new diver, is there a certain setting that I should use to play opengl games? Thank you for your time if anyone cares to help me properly set this new driver.

I have XP and GeForce MX 420 and the same problem (could not load opengl sub()) with Jedi Academy. So I did the following and fixed the problem.

1. Uninstall the game
    2)download drivers 52.16 for XP from Nvidia
    3)install the new drivers
  2. update the drivers (right click on desktop - properties - settings - advanced - adapter - properties - driver - update driver - install from a list or specific location - dont search.I will choose the driver to install - select driver 52.16 and OK
  3. reinstall the game

and it works just fine. I tried EVERYTHING before and couldnt get to play it. I guess that the problem refers to the video drivers and the XP and causes the game to crash. So try installing the lattest drivers!!!

Hope this helps

Thanks!

all in wonder ati radeon 9700 pro issue:

counter strike was fine to play but untel
I download ati driver 3.9 counter strike
failed to be played with openGl
I tried almost everyting until I roll back driver and everything went back to normal
…THE Q. is how iam going to play counter-strike in ati 3.9 update…?

hello… everyone told about ati and nvidia… but is there some hope for my 3dfx voodoo3 ??? I tried all, I found every fu**** driver on the 'net, I have read all the 8 pages on this forum and tried all… I know that my video card is old and not good, but if someone knows… feanara@linuxmail.org

Hi, you must to forget your old 3dfx card now. Change it nvidia card and pray.

I have winXP and geforceti4200 with agp8x
I have the same problem with Kotor and jedi academy.There must be a official solution .i think there is a lot of ppl have the same problem with openGl. Isn’t it ?

i tryed to restart my computer i played it it safe mode and in normal mode and even updated my video card and it still comes up wit the error open wg or that one message i have a nvidia vana medal of honor