Computer restarts when program terminates

Hi,
Straight to the point, why does my computer restart everytime my program terminates under winXP? I normally write my openGL programs in a Linux machine, but then i decided to try it in winxp since its more convenient for me. Under Linux my program works just fine, and so does in winXP except that everytime i close the program, my comp restarts right away without any notification.
Any suggestion is greatly appreciate.
Thanks

Hi !

What OS are we talking about, I guess you mean Windows95/98 or ME ?

There could be a problem with your drivers of course, but in that case you should get a reboot with other OpenGL applications to, do you ?

If not, then you can be pretty sure you have a bug in your own code somewhere, by the way, what kind of API do you use for your application, GLUT, MFC, straight Win32 or something else ?

Have you tried to run your application with a debugger ?, it might be possible to catch the problem before the reboot if you are lucky…

Mikael

Thanks for the reply,
Yes, my comp restarts for every openGL application I ran. I think you’re right that it has something to do with my video card driver. I’m using voodoo 3 2000 and it seems a lot of ppl are having problem running openGL prog with it.

Anyone with voodoo has solved this kind of problem??

I had the same problem on winXP with a voodoo card. You must change your driver to resolve it.

There are a lot of drivers on www.voodoofiles.com, try to get a good rating driver (such as amigamerlin).

Bye