Compilation problem in VC++

hi…
I m new in OpenGL programming. I don’t know much about it but i like to 3D programs alot.

I downloaded the OpenGL tutorial from Nehe site from tutorial 1 to 32. I have just started tutorial 1. I followed exactly what has been shown in the tutorial but it gave me this error when i tried to compile the program. the error is as follow:

“fatal error C1010: unexpected end of file while looking for precompile header directive”

I try on the original sample program provided by Nehe and yet i still get this error. I don’t know whats wrong. I did downloaded the OpenGL header and library file and i have included in the VC++ header and lib folder. I think this is a setup problem.

Jeff Molofee(Nehe), if u got to read this forum, please give me some advise and by the way, what is your email? I can’t seems to get it in your website.

You probably did this, but are you sure that it is a Win32 app that you are making, not a Win32 Console app?

j

Turn off precompiled headers. It’s in Project->Settings->C+±>Category:Precompiled Headers. Check the “Not using precompiled headers” option.

Search MSDN online if you are interested in what they are and how they benefit you; but for a GL demo, just axe them.

Glossifah

I followed the tutorial.

setting:
Use Win32 application (not console)
Project/setting/Link :as writen below!!

“After you have created a new Win32 Application (NOT a console application) in Visual C++, you will need to link the OpenGL libraries. In Visual C++ go to Project, Settings, and then click on the LINK tab. Under “Object/Library Modules” at the beginning of the line (before kernel32.lib) add OpenGL32.lib GLu32.lib and GLaux.lib.”

I followed exactly. Is there anything missing?
Or if u dont mind can u please giude me step by step to setup? thanks for the reply.

did you link the dll’s in the project settings? i forgot that and had the same error ( i think it was that )

My video card is a Voodoo3 3000 with AMD K6-2 400MHz. I don’t know is this a good configuration for a OpenGL programming.
can nvidia do better in OpenGL compare to voodoo card?

hello MALI…

As for your information, i am a OpenGL dummy.
Can u please guide me in detail on the initial setting of the OpenGL before we actually do the coding?

Read Glossifah’s response. You’re project is trying to use precompiled headers. It’s not the same error you get when you forget to link a library. Forgetting to link a library causes a linker error, not a compile error.

Just for reference, linker errors occur after the “Linking…” line of output and often take the form of…

unresolved external BlahBlahBlah@8…

Linker errors are indications that your code compiled fine, but you didn’t add the needed libraries. There are other types of linker errors, but these are the most common.

[This message has been edited by Deiussum (edited 01-12-2001).]