Comments on the P10 anyone? Matt?Cass?

Elixer… how is the chip vapourware when it is already close to A2 (release quality) silicon?

It was also my impression that 3DLabs allowed themselves to be taken over by Creative so they would have the clout and resources to mass-market/produce the thing… a mutually beneficial agreement I would say.

I’m with zeck though… I was considering an upgrade from an el-cheapo gf2mx to something like a gf4-ti4200, but now I want to hang off for a bit longer… again.

Buying a video card has to be the most stressful thing in upgrading/building a computer these days I used to get a new one every second generation, but now I agonise over when to draw the line due to the “revolution” of programmability shifting so much lately…

Originally posted by jwatte:
Has anyone actually used the new DX8-level SiS cards? Do they work well? What’s their OpenGL support level?
I’d really like to test one. Really. Just as much as I would have liked playing around with a Geforce 3 or a Radeon8k5. It’s just that I really can’t afford buying all the new cards as soon as they come out, let alone building multiple machines just for a ‘hobby’.

This is all just a spare time distraction for me atm.
But interesting nonetheless

[This message has been edited by zeckensack (edited 05-08-2002).]

I think the upcoming NVIDIA’s DreamForce NV30 will kill all graphic cards in the planet!! No Parhelia, P10, Sis or whatever card will survive!!! I think it will be really impressive: 2Ghz memory, 800Mhz CPU aprox, 350 M/Tris with 4 vertex/pixel shaders, 12x FSAA, full programmable pipeline under DX9 and OpenGL2.0 …

Hahahahaha… where did you read that Santyhammer??

I think those numbers are a little off, but I’m certain NV30 will be quite impressive also.

Whatever happens, it’s sure gonna be fun and exciting with loads of powefull new tech coming out.

Nutty

Originally posted by BadMmonkey:
Elixer… how is the chip vapourware when it is already close to A2 (release quality) silicon?

I simply mean that it is not out yet, and we really don’t know anything besides what the marketing guys spew out.

I see no difference between this and the Bitboys chip… they both just spit out a few specs, but no actualy hardware for us to try, so I am more inclined to wait and see before I really say wow.

Now with that out of the way, I also just read the specs for the new Matrox chip, it also looks nice (on paper)

I would say that 3DLabs and Matrox are a little more creditable than BitBoys, they have actually produced some kickass products. But of course we need some real reviews of the actual hardware before we can judge it.

Yeah, they are just a bit more creditable!

I do wonder about the Matrox card, they say 2MB on chip cache. Could this be eDram?

Some other features : http://www.tecnation.co.uk/picture.php?url=newspics/matrox.jpg

http://www.3dlabs.com/gamedev/