CMake Vulkan Install as part of software build

Good Afternoon,

I am building some software that will employ Vulkan as a rendering tool. In order to make this as seamless as possible for the user installing my software, would like to have CMake automatically load and install Vulkan during the build. I am somewhat new to CMake and very new to Vulkan but learning.

Is this possible? If so, can anyone point me to any examples doing this sort of thing?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

CMake is aimed at developers, not end-users. But there is no need to deploy Vulkan with your application anyway. For end-users running your compiled binary, all they need is the Vulkan runtime which is installed by the graphics driver.

You can use find_package(Vulkan REQUIRED)

If you want to use it in your CI, you can check out setup: https://github.com/inexorgame/vulkan-renderer/blob/master/.github/workflows/build.yml
best regards
Johannes

Thank you for the replies @IAmNotHanni and @Sascha_Willems.

I was using the find_package(Vulkan REQUIRED) but was looking at a way to install Vulkan automatically during the build of my software. However, what @Sascha_Willems mentioned sounds right - I am new to Vulkan so didn’t know this aspect. Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.